Actuarial Bursary Programme at Old Mutual
If you love numbers and think you have what it takes to be an actuary then we have an offer for you! Old Mutual offers Actuarial Science bursaries to study at the University of Cape Town or Stellenbosch University.
The Actuarial Bursary Programme offers you and other young South Africans the opportunity to develop an actuarial care.
Take a minute to answer a few questions
- Are you dedicated and self-driven?
- Are you a maths whiz?
- Do you have good communication skills?
- Do you like a challenge?
- Do you have that x-factor that sets you apart from all others?
If you answered “Yes” to the questions then you’re half way to becoming a recognised top-earning professional! The other half requires hard work and dedication.
Just take a look at what the University of Cape Town and Stellenbosch University bursary covers:
- All tuition.
- Accommodation with meals.
- General and book allowance.
- Travel allowance (where applicable).
- Incentives for good performance.
- Academic and emotional support.
- Good networking opportunities.
- Vacation work from second year.
After your studies you can enjoy:
- Guaranteed employment after university.
- One-on-one mentoring by an experienced qualified actuary.
- In-house rotation programme exposing you to professional development across all areas.
- Working with acknowledged industry-leading experts in different fields, shaping South Africa’s financial future!
What you need to qualify
- You need Mathematics with a strong A-plus result and A’s and B’s for the rest of your matric subjects.
- Preference will be given to Black South African learners i.e. African, Coloured, Indian and Chinese learners that are South African citizens by birth or descent (as per the definition of Black designated groups in the Employment Equity Act).
How to apply