Biotechnology Research Internships at SA National Zoological Gardens
The National Zoological Gardens of South Africa (NZG) is looking for well-qualified, hard-working, enthusiastic and motivated person to be appointed as Research Interns.
NZG is a rapidly transforming facility reporting to the National Research Foundation (NRF). It has an impressive animal collection as well as a wildlife research centre. The NZG is well placed as an education and awareness platform for visitors comprising of educators, learners, students, special interest groups and the general public.
- The applicant will be responsible for providing assistance to scientists, students and studentships in the implementation of specified research projects.
- Assisting in the generation of sequence and microsatellite data.
- Assist in general activities for core projects and services rendered.
- Assist in laboratory management (inventory and equipment maintenance)
- Sample management.
- Conducting routine laboratory techniques (DNA isolation, polymerase chain reaction processes PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis)
- BTech Biotechnology or similar qualification
- Basic computer literacy
- Good command of English (written and spoken)
- Computer literacy
- Aptitude for science and technology
How to apply
Closing date is 26 February 2016 at 16h30. Interested candidates are requested to send applications (with a cover letter, full CV and qualifications) to be forwarded to email@example.com. Certificate and a full academic transcript showing all marks must be included in your application.
Short-listed candidates who are invited for the interview will be expected to demonstrate proof of the above Key Competencies and Minimum Requirements.
Enquiries can be directed to Human Resources at +27 012 339 2700 or Dr. D. Dalton +27 12 339 2776.