Candidate Attorney Opportunities at Wits University
The Centre for Applied Legal Studies (CALS), is looking for two candidate attorneys to join their team in 2016 to work across the range of CALS’ programmes which include Basic Services, Business and Human Rights, Environmental Justice, Gender and the Rule of Law.
Please note that CALS is looking for candidates who wish to pursue a career in social justice in particular rather than just securing articles. Individuals from previously disadvantaged population groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
- An LLB or equivalent degree
- A demonstrated interest in human rights work and social justice
- A strong interest in research as a component of lawyering
- Good oral and written communication skills in English
- Proficiency in other South African languages will be an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Assisting in strategic litigation cases
- Research in support of advocacy and litigation activities
- Conducting field research in communities
- Drafting pleadings and legal opinions
- Assisting in the drafting of research reports
- Providing input into draft policies and legislation
- Preparing documents for, and appearing in, court
- Liaison with clients, counsel and partners
- Representing CALS in civil society forums
How to apply
Applications close on 05 June 2015. Click here to apply online
Should you experience difficulties with the online application, please contact Ms Zelda Stroud, Human Resources Officer, at email@example.com.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The University reserves the right not to appoint if suitable candidates are not found.
Via – University of the Witwatersrand