Murray & Roberts Power and Energy invite suitably qualified candidates to apply for 2 Junior Construction Engineer (Completion) positions at Kusile Site. The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MW Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired Kusile Power Station to be erected at the Kusile Site at Mpumalanga, Witbank, South Africa.
Murray & Roberts is a leading a construction, engineering and mining contractor.
Purpose of the job
• Responsible for the handling and processing of all engineering related issues appertaining to the projects ducting and bunkers pre assembly and erection process.
• Interface to the Construction departments by handling engineering related issues, investigations, site queries and solutions.
• Engineering as mentioned in the main Purpose of the job
• Assist with the compilation of work packages for construction purposes.
• Produce method statements for engineering related site instructions. (e.g. Rework and modifications)
• Interact with commercial, construction, engineering and project control departments in order to meet Project deliverables.
• Timeously identify potential risks and problems areas, interpret consequences and advise on and follow up on implementation and mitigating actions.
• Produce and manage site engineering queries, site instructions and requests for information (RFI).
• A relevant Engineering Degree /Diploma in the Mechanical Field
• 0-2 Years’ experience in relevant engineering of construction capacity or GDP Programme
• Good communicator
• Sense of urgency
• Good planning ability
• Pro-active person with initiative
• Ability to get things done
• Sound Judgment
• Good problem solving abilities
• Ability to co-ordinate and build relationships
How to apply
Applications close 12 October 2016. Click here to apply online