Finance Management Internship at Ngqushwa Municipality
Ngqushwa Municipality incorporating Hamburg, Peddie Town, rural and portion of King William’s Town invites suitably qualified candidates to apply for a 2 year Finance Management Internship.
The MFMIP is a structured professional training and work experience programme with the goal of providing high quality training and practical exposure in all aspects of a Municipal Budget. The programme has a logical training sequence that builds on the skills and competencies acquired during University and Technikon training. It ends where appropriate, with the credits or a qualification in Municipal Finance Management in line with the Municipal Minimum Competency Regulations, Gazette 29967 of June 2007. Successful applicants will earn a salary of R 91 275.60 per annum.
- The candidate should hold as a minimum, a three year Bachelor’s Degree or National Diploma with majors in Accounting, Economics or Finance including either Risk Management and/or Auditing among others.
- The intern will sign an internship agreement which is in addition to the employment contract. The effect of the agreement is to ensure commitment to the programme which require, amongst other, full participation in the educational and workplace assignments and observance of policies and procedures.
- The candidate must be between the ages of 21 and 35.
How to apply
Closing date is 17 February 2016. Interested persons should address their applications together with comprehensive curriculum vitae, certified copies of qualifications and the names of at least three contactable references, to the Municipal Manager, PO Box 539, Peddie, 5640.
Enquiries can be directed to the Human Resources Manager, Mr. Mkhuseli Mxekezo at 040 6733 095.
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted
- Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to competency assessment and vetting processes
- Only certified copies of certificates, ID and driver’s license accepted.
- Canvassing of Councillors and/or officials will result to disqualification of your application
- Only the shortlisted and successful applicants would be contacted, therefore if you have not heard from us within 30 days after the closing date regard yourself as unsuccessful, however the Municipality appreciates your interest and wishes you the best in your career.
- Ngqushwa Municipality is under no obligations to fill the post after advertisement thereof.
- Applicants with disabilities are encouraged to disclose their disability status on their application.
- Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups in line with Employment Equity Act & Plan.
Via – Ngqushwa Municipality