Global Citizenship (GC) Programe Graduate Internship Opportunit at UCT
The Centre for Innovation in Learning and Teaching invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to this one year, part time (15 hrs per week), fixed term contract to start by 1 August or as soon as possible after the recruitment and selection process. This position reports to the Global Citizenship (GC) Programme Director in CILT. For further information see www.cilt.uct.ac.za
Remuneration: R85 748 per annum (including benefits)
Reference number: E50544
- Undergraduate degree relevant to understanding broad social issues
- Experience of tutoring or working with diverse students
- Understands importance of social justice and transformation in and through HE
- Open to learning
- Good team player, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Proactivity in taking initiative on things
- Good time management skills and open to hours being worked flexibility when required
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of computer skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, internet searches, etc.
The following would be advantageous:
- Familiarity with the GC programme
- Have completed either GC1, GC2 or Social infrastructures course.
- Knowledge of the UCT context
- Assisting the Programme Convenor and Administrator with administrative duties on the GC programme as well as on the programme short courses
- Involvement in tutoring and teaching including curriculum development where relevant
- Working on student recruitment, programme marketing and social media communication Responsibility for organising the GC-Act component of the programme and linking with other student organisations on campus
- Supporting the GC Programme Director as appropriate and where time allows
How to apply
To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single pdf file to Sue Gredley (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- The completed UCT Application form (Download here)
- Your CV (maximum of 4 pages)
- A covering letter which should address the following: why you are interested in the positon; what you think you have to contribute to the position i.e. why you are a suitable candidate; and what from your own personal experience – as a student or more broadly – you can draw on in this role. An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be regarded as incomplete. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and may be required to undergo a competency test.
Please ensure the title and reference number are indicated in the subject line.
For enquiries – Tel: +27 21 650 4589 / 650 2894
Closing date: 30 June 2015 Interviews will take place from 27 July