Graduate Engineer Opportunities at Roads Agency Limpopo
The Roads Agency Limpopo is offering 2 Graduate Engineer posts. The incumbents will be responsible for assisting the Civil Engineer to manage the design of roads, bridges and other related structures. Applications close on 25 May 2015.
Remuneration: Market-related cost to company
- BEng or BSc Eng/BTech (Civil)
- Registration with ECSA (candidate)
- 3 years’ post-registration, with relevant experience (roads)
- Strong analytical, innovative and reasoning skills
- Extensive travel required, nationally and internationally
- Task oriented and focused
Key performance areas and main tasks (but not limited to):
- Evaluating roads and identifying projects in accordance with budgets allocated
- Developing and assessing new standards and methodologies relating to engineering principles and safety
- Actively participating to provide inputs to the business plan
- Implementing strategic plans and systems to manage road infrastructure networks
- In accordance with MTEF, compiling and developing plans to upgrade, tar and maintain roads
- Ensuring implementation of divisional programme
- Implementing strategic plans for road infrastructure
- Implementing plans, liaising with other provincial and national planning forums and participation in national committees
How to apply
A detailed CV accompanied by a covering letter, recent original certified copies (not more than 3 months old) of educational qualifications, professional membership and ID and must be forwarded by post to the Human Resource Manager, Roads Agency Limpopo, Private Bag X9554, Polokwane 0699 or hand deliver during office hours (08:00-16:30) in Office No 2-35 (Registry), Roads Agency Limpopo, 26 Rabe Street.
Take note of the following:
- Short-listed candidates will be subjected to verification of qualifications and employment and security clearance
- Applicants with foreign qualifications remain responsible for ensuring that their qualifications are evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and therefore must attach certified copies of certificates of evaluation by SAQA
- Applicants are informed that applications, qualifications and CV will not be returned
- Applicants must also note that if no notification of appointment is not received within 60 days of the closing date, they must accept that their applications have been unsuccessful and are hereby thanked for applying
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only
- No faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted
- The Agency reserves the right to withdraw and or/not fill a post
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. You may however contact the Agency to check your application.
Enquiries: Mesdames Dorcas Mphahlele/Doris Moloto, tel. (015) 914-236/4238
Closing date: 25 May 2015
RAL is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. Candidates whose appointment will promote representivity in terms of race, gender and disability will receive preference.
Via – Roads Agency Limpopo