Graphic Designer Internship at the Department of Water & Sanitation
Department of Water and Sanitation is looking for a Graphic Designer Intern in Pretoria (Ref No: 120216/13)
Salary: R 132 399 per annum) (level 5)
- National Diploma or degree in Graphic Design.
- High proficiency in Adobe CS6 (In design, Photoshop and Illustrator) and Microsoft Office Suite.
- One (1) year working experience in Graphic design would be an added advantage.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal communication and time management skills are required.
- Proficiency in working with brand and writing style guides is preferred.
- Flexibility to regularly work overtime, weekends with short notice required.
- Able to manage in a fast paced high pressure environment.
- Printing knowledge.
- A sound knowledge in photography.
- Conceptualise and create artwork for branding and marketing.
- Ensure that brand identity is fully compliant in all expressions of the brand.
- Assisting with external campaign implementation and roll-out.
- Design of marketing and brand collateral (Billboards, posters, banners, newsletters, booklets, advertisement, exhibition stand design, gifts etc).
- Maintain a consistent fresh and modern feel throughout all graphic and web properties.
- Must be energetic able to communicate well.
- Leadership qualities.
- Adhere to tight deadlines.
- Quoting on artwork.
- Ensure that printing is completed promptly.
- Send Proofs to the printer.
- Proof records and backup of artwork.
Enquiries: Ms J Julies Nale, tel ( 012) 336 7908
How to apply
Closing date is 12 February 2016
Applications must be submitted on signed and dated form Z83 (download here), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity Document. For all posts, please forward your application quoting the relevant reference number, to the address mentioned at each post. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted.
Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number for Centre: Gauteng The Provincial Head: Gauteng, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X995, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver to 285 Francis Baard, Bothongo Plaza East, Pretoria. For attention Mr S Nevhorwa (012) 392 1324
Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number for Centre: Pretoria to The Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X350, Pretoria, 0001 or hand deliver at the Continental Building, cnr Visagie and Bosman. For attention: Mrs L Van Wyk
Via – Water and Sanitation Department