The Small Enterprise Foundation (SEF) is looking to fill internship positions for a variety of functions. Interns will participate in projects based on their skill set, experience and interests. Interns will be based at SEF’s head office in Tzaneen, South Africa, but will also be required to visit staff and clients in rural areas for training, monitoring, and research. SEF provides all interns with accomodation in Tzaneen and a monthly stipend.
The SEF is a not-for-profit, pro-poor microfinance institution working towards the eradication of poverty by creating a supportive environment where credit and savings services foster sustainable income generation, job creation and social empowerment. SEF currently supports more than 140,000 microentrepreneurs across South Africa with microcredit, savings facilitation, and training.
Opportunities exist to support SEF staff in the following areas:
- Product design, testing, and evaluation;
- Operations systems and report improvement;
- Social impact measurment and reporting;
- New technology implementation;
- Organisational development and capacity building.
Ideal candidates should possess a mix of the following characteristics:
- University degree in business, social sciences or related; graduate degree preferred;
- Passion for and commitment to poverty alleviation; exposure to microfinance a plus;
- Enthusiastic, resourceful, motivated, self-starter, fast-learner;
- Exceptional written, communication and presentation skills (in English);
- Diverse technical skills, including data analytics; database and/or programming experience is a plus;
- Quantitative and qualitative research experience a plus (academic or professional);
- Open-minded, culturally sensitive, and eager to learn and contribute;
- Track-record of professional achievement a plus.
How to apply