Learnership Programme at Anglo American (Limpopo)
The Amandelbult, Mogalakwena & Twickenham Platinum Mines in Limpopo, owned by Anglo American – one of the world’s largest mining companies, are offering Engineering Learnership opportunities in the following disciplines: Electricial; Auto Electricians; Rigger Ropesman; Plater Welder/ Boilermaker; Diesel Machanic; Millwright; Measurement Control and Instrumentation; Fitter including Machining. Deadline for applications is 21 May 2015.
Primary Job Purpose
The Engineering Learner fulfils a shift role at the Engineering department. In conjunction with his/her team he/she is required to assist the artisan with routine tasks that he/she has been trained in such as maintaining equipment & machinery. The successful candidates will take part in a Learnership programme leading to the selected qualification and qualified Artisan.
- Ensure machinery and equipment is operated according to standard procedures
- Ensue checklists are completed and submitted
- Obey any reasonable instruction given by management
- Core work outputs: Quality support to artisan and provide low complexity and high volume work
- Adhere to strictly safety rules & principles as per site specific and Anglo platinum requirements.
- Make sure that all work is performed to ‘Zero Tolerance’ principles.
Minimum Entry Requirements
- Matric with mathematics and English (Physical Science added advantage) OR
- N2 with 4 subjects as per the specific Discipline Requirements (added advantage) OR
- NCV Level – 4 In the appropriate trade
- Communication in English
- Completed engineering assistant phase 1 and phase 2 training
Trade Test Requirements
A minimum of an N2 certificate with the four applicable subjects for the relevant trade as specified below:
- Electrical (Maths; Engineering Science; Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
- Fitting (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Fitting & Machining Trade Theory)
- Diesel Mechanic (Maths; Engineering Science; Engineering Drawing; Diesel Trade Theory)
- Plater / Welder (Maths; Engineering Science; Plating and Structural Drawing, Plater’s Theory)
- Rigger (Maths; Engineering Science, Engineering Drawing; Rigging Theory)
- Auto Electrician (Maths; Engineering Science; Auto Electrical Trade Theory; Industrial Electronics)
The appointed learner will sign an agreement where the learner commits him / herself to obtain the minimum N2 or any required subjects applicable to the trade, necessary for qualifying
Where applicable the Company will support the appointed learner to achieve the minimum requirements by allowing the learner to attend one full trimester to obtain the relevant N2 for the trade.
- Certificate of fitness
- Hand-eye co-ordination
Learnership Conditions for Successful Candidates
- Must be prepared to work underground/surface and in plants “dusty areas”, and an eleven day fortnight shift where applicable
- Must be a South African Citizen
- Must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) & medical certificate of fitness
- Must be in possession of a valid South African Drivers License
Selection of candidates will be based upon the Anglo Platinum selection and recruitment procedure.
NB: No accomodation and transport to and from will be provided by Anglo American Platinum
How to apply
Applications close on 21 May 2015.