Materials Planning Graduate Opportunity at Reckitt Benckiser
An exciting career opportunity is available within the Supply Department for a Materials Planning Graduate at Reckitt Benckiser (RB), the world’s leading consumer health and hygiene company.
Key Responsibilities and Principal Accountabilities
- Raise Purchase orders from MRP system ensuring timely placement and delivery of components in line
- with production planning requirements.
- Expedite and reschedule open purchase orders to suit production planning requirements.
- Review historical data including sales trends, research demand drivers, material on time delivery, commodity spends within dedicated production cell. Coordinate research data to identify significant variances. Share, communicate and report on variances to both internal and external supply chain.
- Interact with production planner and sales to understand demand forecast drivers
- Use and maintain MRP data as the primary planning system tool
- Provide input in developing departmental strategies for inventory on existing items, new product
- introduction and phase outs.
- Reporting gathered information within production meeting environment
- Create statistical reports:
- Gather, analyse and validate data.
- Share data with relevant departments and external suppliers.
- Working within a Purchasing Team is advantageous
- Working with demand and forecast incorporating current and accurate information to allow the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide supply chain with appropriate information to allow planning on how to meet demand.
- Execute with excellence in the area of stock and demand replenishment providing feedback to the supply chain on risks regarding replenishment levels and demand
- Bachelor of Industrial Engineering is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Negotiation and analytical skills
- Well organised and prides themselves in attention to detail
- Ability to be assertive to achieve goals
- Can work on own initiative
- Ability to work without close supervision
- Experience of statistical reporting, forecasting and understanding of financial and operational impacts of forecasting MRP experience is essential
- A genuine interest in business
- An enquiring mind
- Excellent Ms Excel skills and basic Ms Access skills
How to apply
Click here to apply