Rand Water Graduate Development Programme
Rand Water invites applications for a 12 months Graduate Training Programme from Candidates residing at Emfuleni Local Municipality and Westonaria Local Municipality. The graduates will be exposed to the public sector in general and the water sector in particular, with a view to meeting the skills shortage in the sector. Trainees will have an opportunity to be on the cutting edge of Engineering and all aspect of Water Care and Management and be part of development initiatives while developing technical and professional competencies.
Rand Water is one of the biggest Water utilities in the world. It provides bulk potable water of superior quality to 12 million people in the economic heartland of South Africa.
Graduate applications are invited from suitably qualified and previously disadvantaged individuals for the following disciplines:
- Mechanical Engineering x 1
- Chemical Engineering x 2
- Water Sanitation x 1
- Electrical Engineering x 1
- Water Care x 2
In making the final selection, preference will be given to the following important criteria:
- Applicants must be unemployed
- Applicants must have Matric and a suitable qualification: National Diploma/Degree/BTech./BSc in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Water Care and Water and Sanitation.
- Applicants in the context of the Employment Equity Act
- Applicants must be South African Citizens and must be in possession of a valid SA ID
- Applicants must be under the age of 35 ( in line with the NSDS III)
- Permanent residents from Emfuleni Local Municipality and Westonaria Local Municipality
Shortlisted applicants will be subjected to qualification and criminal verification checks and will be required to produce original certificates and academic records. Rand Water reserves the right not to make appointments to any of the advertised positions at any stage
How to apply
Closing date is 23 February 2016. Applicants must be locally based at Emfuleni and Westonaria Local Municipalities. Email you application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must contain the following documents (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Application Letter and Curriculum Vitae
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- Proof of residence Interested persons are requested to submit their completed applications with the relevant attachments to the email address provided and quoting the relevant reference in the subject line.
Notice Number: GP006