Technician Learner Opportunity at Sasol
Sasol is looking for a Learner Technician in Sasolburg, Free State. The Learner will report to the Area Manager: Test & Power Electronics (T&PE), The successful candidate(s) will complement the T&PE team as they get their on-the-job experiential learning (P1 & P2). The individual(s) will be working under the supervision of senior technicians within the T&PE team
- Willingness to learn, apply and challenge oneself.
- Testing of overloads, protection relays and electrical equipment
- Continuously learn and research new technology and testing principles
- Do plant electrical infrastructure inspections and draft reports
- Report all unsafe conditions to line management and supervision
- Comply to all OSH ACT requirements
- Practise good housekeeping
- Conduct visual inspections on the process and equipment
- Report process deviations to Group leader
- Communicate and assist team members in controlling the process
- Fault finding
- Manage emergencies
- Assist in incident investigation. Sequence of events capturing during incident
- Completed S4 electrical subjects
- Safety consciousness
- Electrical Power Engineering knowledge
- Must have completed all S4 subjects.
- Sound understanding of electrical engineering subjects (i.e. Power Electronics, Machines and Electrical Protection etc.)
- Adhere to all safety rules, regulations and work standards
- Practice good housekeeping
- Comply with all legal requirements
- Ability to work independently and interdependently
- Team player
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to challenge paradigms.
- Team worker.
- Enthusiasm and perseverance.
- Problem solving skills.
- Willing to work overtime as and when required.
- Computer skills.
- Analytical and tactical skills
- Safety conscious and ability to stop an unsafe work activity.
How to apply
Applications close on 26 February 2016. Click here to apply online