Vodacom Bursary Programme
Vodacom is committed to addressing the ICT skills shortage in South Africa. To address this need, we provide fifty students with bursaries annually to study in fields in which there are skills shortages. Top-achieving students from disadvantaged communities are chosen to study in the ICT and engineering sectors.
Applicants can apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary if they intend to gain a qualification in one of the following fields of study:
Engineering and Operations:
Electrical or Electronic Engineering (Light Current only);
University of technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study
- BSc Computer Science;
- BSc Computer Engineering; or
- Information Systems
- University of technology Diplomas and Degrees in similar areas of study
Applicants need to meet the following requirements to apply for a Vodacom Foundation Bursary.
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must undertake full-time undergraduate studies in a South African tertiary institution
- Be a member of a family who’s total household income does not exceed R150 000 per year
- Must pass Grade 12 with exemption
- Must obtain a minimum “C” symbol in both Mathematics and Science Higher Grade
- Must be younger than 25 years
- May apply if already in his/her first year of studies in an accredited South African tertiary institution and meet all criteria above
Please note that preference will be given to historically disadvantaged individuals. Only long listed candidates will be contacted, if you are not invited for an initial interview, consider your application as unsuccessful.
How to apply
Applications close on 30 June 2015. To download a Vodacom Foundation Bursary application form, click here. For further information, email email@example.com.
Vodacom also has an extensive programme of ICT & business management learnerships and internships. Click here to apply for Vodacom Learnerships or click here for Vodacom Internships