Wanted: Assistant Furnace Operators at Glencore
Glencore is hiring Assistant Furnace Operators within the Furnace 1 and 2 Operations Department at the Wonderkop Smelter in Rustenburg, North West (Ref. No. 19871 and 19872)
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. The company has over 150 mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities.
- The incumbents will be responsible for monitoring metal and slag analysis and reporting deviations to the Supervisor, as well as ensuring that the furnaces are properly loaded and stocked.
- Maintaining good housekeeping in area of responsibility is important, along with conducting inspections on all floors of the furnace building, monitoring the tapping process of the furnace and assisting the furnace operator in oprating the furnace.
- Furhermore, the appointees will be expected to perform many of the job related duties as per the supervisor’s instructions, including ensuring compliance with and adherence to the HSEC standards in the area of responsibility.
- Candidates will need a Grade 12 plus a minimum of 1 year’s experience with sound knowledge of the ferrochrome smelting process.
- Medical fitness and knowledge of HSEC Systems are imperative, together with the ability to read, write and communicate in English.
How to apply
Applications close on 29 May 2015. Send a comprehensive Curriculum Vitae, quoting the relevant reference number, to the e-mail address or fax number indicated at each position.
Applications for the above position: HR Office, Private Bag 82325, Rustenburg 0300 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 086 649 1328.
Via – Plantinum Weekly