Wanted: Logistics & Supply Chain Graduate at Media24
On the Dot, a subsidiary of Media24 in Western Cape, currently requires the services of a Graduate – Logistics and Supply Chain Management. We seek to appoint a dynamic and energetic individual to assume responsibility as Graduate – Logistics, reporting to the Departmental Head. The position will be based at their offices in Montague Gardens.
Main purpose of the role
This position has been designed to give the incumbent an entrance into the world of work within the Media and Logistics industry. This is a fixed term position of 12 months which will allow the graduate to gain valuable work experience within his/her field of study.
- Minimum 3 year tertiary qualification in Logistics, Wholesale and Retail or Supply Chain Management (or similar)
- 0-1 year experience inthe relevant field
- As this is a Wholesale and Retail Seta funded initiative, successful applicants will be entitled to a monthly stipend to cover basic expenses
- The ability to travel to other sites of the company
Duties & Responsibilities
- Build up an understanding of the business unit they work during the learning program period, including an understanding of supply chains, systems, processes and capabilities.
- Analyse the business unit’s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to be able to learn what the business is about as well to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and form an internal network of contacts that can act as a platform for future influencing and implementation of projects/ analyses.
- Design and optimise logistics operational processes
- Evaluating and monitoring of quality and team effectiveness
- Handling customer feedback & complaints
- Streamlining and adding value to existing processes
- Identify and make recommendations about opportunities with customers and clients
- Ensure that effective management controls and good governance practices are in place and that policies and procedures are complied with
- Keep all administrative work updated
How to apply
Applications close on 03 June 2016. Click here to apply